Keeping up with the Joneses...
- Do you ever suffer with anxiety?
- Do you ever feel like you cannot connect to your breath and your chest feels constricted?
- Do you feel like your thoughts are going a million miles an hour in your head but you cannot seem to slow them down?
- Do you feel a disconnect to what you are doing on a daily basis?
There is always so much going on in our lives nowadays. We are so consumed with social media, the news, horrific stories in the press, comparing yourself to others and trying to ‘keep up with the Joneses’ never mind the Kardashians, that we forget to follow our own destiny and to do what makes us truly happy.
Lately, I have been coming across the same scenario over and over again where we are suffering with extremely low self-esteem. I don’t like to use the world ‘Suffer’ lightly but it is exactly that that we are doing. We are constantly comparing ourselves to others for a number of different reasons. Whether it is comparing body image, career success or personal development.
I too have been guilty of this in the past and it just needs to stop. How on earth can we be truly connected to our own path and inner guidance if we never give thanks to what we are blessed with and we constantly look outwards and crave what others have. Now don’t get me wrong, I am a firm believer in setting goals and creating a plan of action to achieve them BUT they must be goals that make YOU happy not goals so that you can ‘Keep up with the Joneses’.
Today, I would like to you take an hour, yes! an hour, where you can sit with a pen and paper and write down what it is that you desire from YOUR OWN LIFE JOURNEY. This will be the most productive hour of your life!
WHAT TO DO:
- Define what you want to achieve in the next year – if you can do the next five years, great! Break down each point on your list and ask yourself the following:
- Is this my passion?
- Am I expressing myself by doing this?
- Will this make me truly happy, so happy that I feel free?
If you have answered yes to all of your points then you are on to a winner. When you follow your passion, you follow your true Divine calling and there is no greater feeling than that.
Are you ready to reap the rewards of your life? Are you ready to release the feeling of anxiety? Busy mind syndrome (it is a thing! 😊) and Are you ready to step into your own power and create the life you wish to lead?
“You have the power inside you to determine the life you wish to lead.” - Sinéad
With love and an abundance of blessings,